Skip to main content

Three Weeks to My Event and I Told God to End It All


You wouldn’t believe that three weeks before my event, I told God, “It’s okay. Ah-ha, what did I ever do to you? I’m tired of life.”

Tough times, or rather, dramatic times if you know me well.

And I barely had 15,000 naira for the event.

Now, let’s get into how God showed up for me, changed my belief in ‘prayer’, and how purpose isn’t always the smoothest thing, like most people think.

But first, I missed you guys, and I know you missed me too. A whole 4 weeks without hearing from me? Child, be comforted, for I am here.


For those who don’t know, I host an annual event for my foundation focused on special needs. Every year, I open it up for donations because God can use anyone, plus my salary is still a gift from God.

Every year, the event happened miraculously, and it was all due to God’s providence and the people He sent to me.

In 2025, as I thanked God for my recently concluded event, He gave me an idea for the next one. I was getting ready for the evil called NYSC; I was tired and needed rest, so I pushed it aside and did a homeless outreach in December instead.

Guys, I continued to postpone it until it started to creep into my prayer time; I saw it, and I would push it aside and press harder in prayer for ‘Moneyyy’, ‘a husband with a facecard like Anthony Joshua and the money like Robert Downey Jr., but let’s not forget the spiritual power of my spiritual fathers.

But the holy spirit kept reminding me.

Until one day I asked God to tell me whether this event was truly meant to happen or merely a fragment of my imagination. During a vigil, I wanted a random person to tell me whether this event was from God. Lo and Behold, a friend who doesn’t know much about my foundation came to meet me to say,” God told you to do something, and you haven’t.”

At that moment, I started crying, and God, through my friend, confirmed what I had been thinking for years. He had also said, “Don’t worry about the resources or the people”

Oh well. I felt like this. Big G had it covered.


I went with prophecy for this event and did my best; I wrote to over 30 brands, including those that usually sponsor special-needs initiatives, but none responded. I sent follow-up messages, but nothing came back, and I got overwhelmed and tired.

Nothing was working. People weren't reaching out, brands weren't willing to sponsor, and I told myself I was done. I felt like a failure and asked ‘God, what did I ever do to you?”

In that season, nothing was working: jobs, relationships, and I had some things going on, and the one thing God had sent me to do wasn't working. I was exhausted. I told my team I might postpone the event because I lacked funds and energy. I cried all day and eventually slept it off.

Ladies and gentlemen, I woke up the next morning feeling filled with strength; I started reaching out to people for much more. Yesterday, I wanted life to end, and the next day, I was behaving as if someone had poured a lot into my cup.

It just reminded me that I needed to eat and sleep, but something told me one of my dear friends prayed for me.
Press enter or click to view image in full size


The planning reminded me that it is not my power or my might; one of my close friends, Christiana, quickly reminded me that it was not me doing it, but God, and that I was a vessel. So I took a back seat, did what I could, and let him handle it all.

A week before the event, two speakers had cancelled, and I was not moved like before; Normally, I would have been scared. I suddenly developed a ‘do what you can, lord’ attitude: I had done the best that I could.

The devil tried with words like, ‘Who do you think you are to start this event?’ and then threatened me, saying, ‘If you do this event, you will see what I will do to you.’

Hmmm. My mind was a battlefield, but I chose to trust God.

Oh, I forgot to mention: a month before the event, I only had 15k in my account. I was confused. 15k couldn’t even buy small chops for more than 8 people in the room.


I gave it to God. I wrote to people, inviting them, even to a certain billionaire I know who stays abroad and may never see it. I wrote, invited, did my part and said to God,’ My angels should put this event in people’s minds. I have done everything I can.”

God started working; He had sent the full money for the hall first. Then people started messaging me, saying they want to come after the registration link had been closed.

Then, with the money, my friends had pulled through; but I was short on a lot of things, and I couldn’t go into debt because of an event. So, one night, I woke up and said, Daddy. Do what you can. I need just 40k”

My angels must have been mocking me for asking for so little.


Ladies and gentlemen, in the morning, God sent more than double.

What a God.

While I was going through my crisis, God said nothing; I only heard the words, ‘Go again.’ No ‘sorry, my child’ or ‘I’m sending someone to give you money.’

Nothing. I was moved to trust God’s silence, and he never let me down. Even after I cussed and told him I am tired of life and waiting (I was dealing with other underlying issues, which the devil had even said, ‘Why would God trust you, a broken vessel, with a task like this?

See, eh, the devil is a what? bastard.

Now, this is my advice to you, beautiful one. God has asked you to do something; do your part, and leave it for him. God never sends without backing. In this case, he sent his angels, his word, an amazing community and a renewed mind for purpose.
Press enter or click to view image in full size


Also, if you have a known purpose that is helping others but ‘kicking your ass’, get ready for more. Remember when you were singing at the top of your voice, ‘Take My Life and Let It Be Consecrated Unto Thee’? Now, God has given you an assignment, and you are wondering, ‘How, when, why?’

The journey is still long, beloved. There, there.


But we have God's strength to rely on.

Now, I’m waiting for the next instruction, which I hope is to travel to Hawaii and preach the gospel there. Preach in the morning, enjoy the beautiful beach with a hot guy named Joaquin as my tour guide, and have hot tacos at night.

That sounds like a glorious plan.

But until then, I will trust in God as my Jireh, who will never leave me.

So, thank you to everyone who made it to my event. Thank you to all who donated. See, I would do anything for my friends; it is a cliché to say, but I mean it. In the morning, people showed up for me, arranged the hall, cleaned everything up, and all I could say was, "Thank you, God, for community." My event’s theme was Chosen, Not Stranded, and God showed me that I would never be stranded.
Press enter or click to view image in full size


Next is the school outreach, where we’ll be celebrating with children with special needs; more details to come. If you’re interested, we have curated a 10k-per-student package so that you can donate for one child with a disability.

More details to come on that.

But please, if you see me, give me a big hug and throw in some money for ice cream and tacos.
Press enter or click to view image in full size


And trust God.

Trust deeply in him.

Love, a new human in Christ, Twi-Twi

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Change

HOW I DEALT WITH THE NEWS. Hiiiiiii. Let me just say my awesome friends pushed me to doing this and I love them❤️ So I have been so fortunate to know the word “Autism and everything it entails. I have a brother of 17 years who is autistic and if you knew me well, you would know I mention Tobi like a million times a day, when referring to anything. He's just in my mind everytime, gosh. Is it weird that I don’t remember my childhood? Maybe, But I think it’s so weird that I don’t understand how it happened, why it keeps happening to children, but I can tell that they are beautiful in every way and when my brother became autistic, was he meant to be this or was cursed? As a Nigerian, you question things like this and search for spiritual help.  I never knew of the situation till I was 14. When I was younger, I was ignorant. I didn’t know what was wrong with my brother. I was even too self-absorbed at that age or just busy looking for trouble. I didn’t know why he didn’t speak or w...

EASTER SUNDAY- THE DAY JESUS ROSE FROM THE DEAD AND THE DAY I THOUGHT OF SUICIDE

I believe in the opinion that everyone has thought of suicide, and you can argue, but you know deep down, something may have happened to you to make you say, “I’m going to end it all.” But let’s talk about something that happened to me. Now, this article is not to scare you, or to make me seem easily influenced by the other voice. It is to remind you of three things. One, bottling emotions is not good.  Two, the role of caregiving for someone with a disability is not something that is your sole responsibility. Three, the devil is a bastard.  Okay, let's get into it. If you’ve been following my space, you probably know that I have a brother with Autism. As much as it is a beautiful experience, it is very scary. Whenever my brother is coming to the house from school, we ‘ Tobi-proof ’ the house, meaning that we have to hide some things, lock some things up, and it is quite a lot.  See also: Choosing Love as a neurotypical sibling Long story short. I had a meltdown on Sunda...

Helllooooooo!

PARENTS Last time I wrote about how I handled the news of my brother being on the spectrum, possibly telling the other siblings who have special siblings that everything will be okay if they just understand their siblings and try their best to create time for them and appreciate their existence. So today is for the parents and also siblings though. I’m not a parent but I’m at that age to learn things, to accept them. I can tell that I’m probably going to be an extra and dramatic mother🤷 If you have a parent in your life or a parental figure in your life that actually loves you and does everything to make you happy, you’re so lucky. Trust me that they might not show you love the way you want it, but they do. I follow this Instagram platform for Autism parents and the way they talk about them is amazing. There are like super heroes. You can imagine how hard parenting is. How you have to sacrifice your own need for a person. I don’t know how I would handle it but parenthood is someth...

CREATING A COMMUNITY OF AWE-TISM ADVOCATES: FIRST TIME SPEAKER!

 Last year, I prayed that I would be part of the speakers for the GT-Bank Annual Autism Programme and I got an opportunity! As a chronic overthinker and scaredy cat, I began to worry if I would be able to do it. Everyone knows Public speaking is not my best forte. I couldn’t raise my voice in a group of ten, why would I be able to do it with over 300 people in the room and more virtually? Despite the voices in my head and my tailor trying to mess up my life the day before, I promised myself that I would let nothing bother me.  Nothing. This year’s theme is creating a community of Awe-tism Advocates and I couldn’t love it much more. This was the exact one I wanted to go into. To be honest, I cannot seem to understand how GT bank had been able to plan something so perfect. Everything was perfect for me from the dance and drama presentation by Corporate dance world, to the end of the two-day conference.  I was part of the panel discussion "It takes with a village", this mea...